Sunday, May 25, 2008

Week 3: Weigh In Results

Welcome to your Memorial Day Weigh In!!

Watch out at those bbq's today:
Hot dog = bad / Grilled chicken = good
Potato salad = bad / Green salad = good
Chips & Dip = bad / Fruit = good

As always - scroll to the bottom and leave your info (weekly % and total %) in a comment...
NAMEWEEKLY % LOSTTOTAL % LOST
Carrie%%
Claire-0.59%-2.08%
Esa%%
Jen+o.60%-0.70%
Jenny-1.21%-1.21%
Jessica+0.85%-3.53%
Joy-0.52%-3.09%
Julie%%
Kelly-0.31%-0.39%
Kirsten0%-.60%
Lydia-1.28%-4.94%
Maite-1.73%-5.39%
Melodie+0.90%+1.57%
Natalie+0.29%-0.96%
Rebecca-0.60%-0.24%
Robyn-0.60%-1.60%
Sara Z. -.27%-2.13%
Sarah A.+1.00%-0.80%
Shanna%%
Sheena-1.50%-2.40%
Tori%%



Formula for calculating weight loss percentage:

Initial weight minus current weight, divided by initial weight multiplied by 100 equals percentage.

((IW-CW)/IW) * 100= weight loss percentage

example:
Initial start weight: 175 pounds
Week 1 weigh in weight:170 pounds
Current (week 2 weigh in) weight: 168

Weekly percentage lost:
170 - 168= 2
2 / 170= 0.011764
0.0117647 x 100= 1.1764%
round up to 1.18
-1.18% weekly percentage lost

Total percentage lost:
175 - 168= 7
7 / 175 = 0.04
4 x 100= 4%
-4% total percentage lost

16 comments:

Maite said...

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY, LADIES!!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend. Yesterday we enjoyed a fun day at the beach (our first this season). I got my workout in, by dodging & ducking the waves for 1-1/2 hours with the kids. I even body surfed on a boogie board. It was tons of fun. Today I'm really tired and a bit sunburned, but happy to report that I'm down again - at least I'm going in the right direction.

Weekly %: -1.73%
Total %: -5.39%

MamaJen said...

Okay MAITE!!! You! YOU!!

So, I am not sure who to thank this week for my gain.

Should it be Sarah A for that wonderful peanutbutter pie she brought over last night?

Should it be Zoopa's for serving unlimited food while I am starving?

OR I could chalk it up to PMS and call it good.

Why would I ever blame myself? Seriously... not my problem right? :)

Weekly%: +0.6
Total%: -0.7

Kemma said...

Ooh! Congratulations, Maite!
Well, I've ramped up the exercise, but now I've REALLY got to do a number on my unhealthy eating and constant grazing. Exercise and Eating Habits. I guess you really can't do one without the other.
But the clothes are fitting just a bit better than they were. I'll be happy when the Period Fairy takes her bloaty-wand away, though, that's for sure. At least I avoided the chocolate binge this week.

Weekly: -.6
Total: -1.6

So I'm back to the initial loss from the first week. NOW it's time to kick into high gear.
Five weeks to fabulous.

Sheena said...

Weekly=1.5%
Total=2.4%

I ate well this week, took an hour walk one day, and did some major yard work--- now I'm sore. I stalked up on lots of healthy food and planned out a week's dinner menu....this blog has helped me keep going.

SaraZ said...

Weekly -.27%
Total -2.13%

The sad part is I was down 3.74% mid week, then a bbq with Grandma and stomach issues canceled the loss.
Next week, right?

Sarah A. said...

Ugh-I'm up this week. I am blaming it on hormones and stress. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Week% +1.0
Total% -0.80

dxhilli said...

Hi Girls!!!
I just got back from a weekend away with friends. I was nervous I would go crazy eating but fortunately my girl friend I was with is trying to lose weight also! Boy does accountability help me!!!! I can't go it alone that is for sure.
Weekly % = -.52%
Total % = - 3.09%

Anonymous said...

Hi Ladies:
I totally agree about accountability I would not be able to do it with out you all.

Weekly %: 1.28
Total %: 4.94

Okay no more holidays so it should be easier("right"??). KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LADIES.

Jen H. said...

weekly: -1.21%
Total: -1.21%

hainshome said...

-0.60% This week
-0.24% Total

Back in the right direction! Thanks for being in the back of my head all week, girls. :)
-Rebecca

MelodieH said...

weekly +.9
total +1.57

Anonymous said...

testing posting ability...

Jessica said...

Sorry it took so long.
Weekly: +.85%
Total: -3.53%

I went to California and ate a lot of In N Out and ice cream. Time to go back to the gym!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica:
I am soooooooo jealous, I'm from California and In n Out is one of my favorite places to eat at and I MISS IT SOOOOOOOO MUCH. Thats one of the 1st places we go to when we're up there.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am at a standstill. I ate obviously more than I needed, but still riding my bike to work a couple of days/week. I will work to eat less and eat better once again.

For the week - 0%
For the contest - 0.6%

Anonymous said...

Well I don't seem to be losing anything on this contest, however i weighed in today at weight watcher and I've lost 2 1/2 lbs!!. I didn't want to weigh in, and have been feeling like I'm wasting my money, but my w.w. leader said I'm actually losing at just the right amount and speed. I am frustrated that I haven't lost my 10 percent yet, but she told me that most people take between 16-24 weeks to lose if they are doing it correctly, and not crash dieting. Most people lose quickly in the beginning, and then their bodies slow down, or plateu. i feel much better after going to my meeting, and now maybe I'll actually show a loss on this competition next week. kellyh