Wednesday, May 7, 2008

How is everybody doing?

I have been thinking about all of you - especially when I was OUT TO DINNER the first night of the contest (previous commitment) and I was ordering salad and diet coke while being surrounded by layered lasagna and tiramisu!! But, I stayed strong and didn't even eat the alluring bread and butter!

I was inspired by Esa's calculations of breaking it down to days instead of weeks. "I CAN be strong for 56 days!" I was VERY overwhelmed last year when I began the arduous task of attempting getting healthy and trying to lose 80-90 pounds. I could ONLY look at it 1 pound at a time!! Or 1 DAY at a time! I encourage everyone not to focus on the end goal if that is too overwhelming. Set small attainable goals and let us all celebrate with you when you reach them!

I was convicted by Esa's goal to drink 8 glasses of water and to workout - both things of which I am terrible at doing! I have not yet had 8 glasses of water in a day, BUT I have been drinking about 3-4 glasses a day this week - which is a BIG improvement for me. ALSO... I actually worked out today! GO ME! This has been the lacking ingredient in my new healthy life. I somehow managed to lose 50 pounds without doing hardly any exercise (which REALLY shows how bad my eating habits were!) I think I worked out a total of 15-20 times over the past year, (sad, I know!) but I am so convicted that my lack of discipline in this area has to be dealt with. So, I climbed on the stair-stepper and did 1,100 steps in 15 minutes this morning --AND-- drank 20 ounces of water. *Feeling proud!*

I have lost 2 pounds so far this week. My first weight loss goal is: for the first number on the scale to be a -->1<--!!! I have had the first number be a --2-- for at least 15 years now and I am READY to cross that threshold.

I'm curious, what is YOUR first goal? A certain amount of pounds? A specific percentage of your body weight? To fit in a particular pair of pants?

~ Natalie

2 comments:

Sarah A. said...

My weight loss goal for this week is to count points RELIGIOUSLY (Weight Watchers) and get in all my daily servings of fruit and veggies.

Next week I will start with the exercise... If I try to start them both the same week I fail with both.

Kemma said...

I would like to set my goal at 2 pounds a week. Two pounds sounds like NOTHING, but add it up over the 8 weeks, and it's a FABULOUS 16 pounds, which would be more than I've ever lost in my life. I think my other goal is to make myself WRITE DOWN WHAT I EAT, because I'm much more likely to say "hmm, I really don't NEED that tub of chocolate chip cookie dough" if I know I have to write it down it all its gory details for the world to see.