Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hi Everyone!

My name is Rebecca and I'm the drive-around-mother of a 5-year old girl and a boy who'll be two on Monday. :) My husband works long hours as a programmer/database guy for a startup company (www.buddytv.com), so I spend most of my time managing our home and keeping busy with kid stuff.

I have been needing this group so badly! I'm so happy to have a new motivation. I started weight watchers May '07, and in the first 6 months I lost my 10% and so far I've just kinda maintained. (I started out Flex and ended up loving Core, but that's another story! :) ) I'm really glad I haven't gained the weight back, but I still have about 15 pounds to lose ("technically" my goal is supposed to be a bit lower, but I'm going with where I feel the best with myself based on past experience).
So... let's see. It's been what, 3 days? So far so good... all of my food has been Core except for one or two kid snacks (how does that happen? ugh!). I'm working out three days/week while Elise is in preschool.
I contemplated listing what I've been eating... I've found those posts helpful on weight watchers boards before. Is anyone else interested in that? I don't know... that's an awful lot of accountability... not sure I'm ready for that! hehehehe
I'm thankful to God that I was not born one of those "naturally skinny" people... I feel like I am healthier because I've *had* to think about it. Does that make sense?
Christian is about to wake up for his nap, so I'd better wrap this up.
God bless you all in your quest to be healthy! Pray for me, please! ;)

No comments: