About 16 years ago I was a wanna-be natural health guru. My 1st child had her first taste of sugar on her 1st birthday (it was raw, organic honey). I brought my juicer along on the vacation during which we conceived her. I even taught classes for MOPS, Women's ministries, and adult Sunday School classes on the Christian perspective of natural health and worked for a Christian doctor who ran a natural health clinic.
But I've back-slidden down a long slippery road to 60#'s overweight, low energy, and shoulders that are sore from lifting myself up off of the couch and bed. I know exactly what I need to do to be healthy and trim, I'm just not doing it.
For me, I don't think it's emotional eating, but maybe I'm just too proud to admit it. Granted the last two years has been a very difficult time for our family (too long of a story to post) and confidentially-- my 19 year marriage has been a very lonely one. Ultimately, I think it's just "the flesh" that I'm feeding and my tendency to do things in my own strength that has gotten me here.
My husband has forbidden me to buy another diet pill or diet book....seriously. I have to admit that if a magic diet pill came out that really did work, and wasn't harmful, I'd still want to take it. By nature, I want a quick fix. I've done a ton of diets and fasts. But I've finally learned (intellectually at least) that I need to make healthy living a lifestyle of doing the best I can as often as I can and with God's help (and the help of my friends).
I've gained and lost weight a bunch of times.....not good I know. The last time was two years ago when I did a similar contest to this one with my co-workers (and I won!). When I turned 40 shortly after the contest ended, I enjoyed my chocolate cake for as many days as it lasted and then slid into the holidays and then two difficult years dealing with the loss of a family business, and never recovered.
You could I say I'm a BIG believer in God and in natural/preventive/alternative health, but I want to be a FIRM believer (get it? firm, not big???).
My goal today is to SCHEDULE my exercise into my life in the next week and make it a priority and then JUST DO IT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment