Monday, May 12, 2008

Week 1: Weigh In Results

Ok, ladies - this is it! Let's see those results!! Post a comment on this entry with your name and percentage lost and I will enter all of the results into the chart by the end of the day. (See below for the percentage formula if you need it)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

NAMEWEEKLY % LOSTTOTAL % LOST
Carrie-.5%-.5%
Claire+.12%+.12%
Esa+1.4%+1.4%
Jen-.5%-.5%
Jenny-1.6%-1.6%
Jessica-2.17%-2.17%
Joy-1.3%-1.3%
Julie0%0%
Kelly0%0%
Kirsten0%0%
Lydia-2.5%-2.5%
Maite-2.8%-2.8%
Melodie+1.25%+1.25%
Merry%%
Natalie-1.2%-1.2%
Rebecca-.72%-.72%
Robyn-1.6%-1.6%
Sara Z. -1.3%-1.3%
Sarah A.-1.0%-1.0%
Shanna+.5%+.5%
Sheena-2.0%-2.0%
Tori%%

[There are only 22 names on the chart (instead of 23) because unfortunately we had one person drop out of the contest last week before they paid.]

Formula for calculating weight loss percentage:

Initial weight minus current weight, divided by initial weight multiplied by 100 equals percentage.

((IW-CW)/IW) * 100= weight loss percentage

example: Initial weight: 175 pounds Current weight: 163

175 - 163= 12
12 / 175= 0.069
0.069 x 100= 6.9%

6.9% weight lost

16 comments:

MelodieH said...

I actually gained this week. Hoping it is the good old period coming to call. My percentage is up 1.25% MelodieH

Kemma said...

Wow, I was so sure I'd gained, what with the great Mother's Day Sabotage Dinner, and the box of See's Candy, and the *accidental* purchase of the chocolate chip cookie dough. But I was blessed this week with a girlfriend who kept making sure I was getting to the gym. Next week? The goal is to drop soda.
-1.6%

dxhilli said...

ok so I was hoping for a little more this week but that is part of my problem with the weightloss battle. I want quicker results and have to constantly realize that it is slow and steady that gets long term results! So glad I get to do this journey with you all!
-1.3%

Anonymous said...

ok I just posted on the main blog, but I'll repeat... I weigh exact same as last week. No loss, no gain.

Shanna said...

I gained a lb this week, UGH! So I guess that puts me at a positive 0.5%? Hope I did this right.

Sarah A. said...

I went up and down this week (water???) so, in the end, I am down a little bit.
-1 %

MamaJen said...

This is better than a punch in the nose...
down .5%

Jen H. said...

Ok, so I did lose, but I bet most of it was water, though I did start walking this week for the first time in months and months and I burnt 1000 calories at the zoo yesterday... 1.6% lost!!

Maite said...

I'm down 2.8% this week. I'm on my way to Tae Kwon Do to burn off some more calories.

hainshome said...

Mother's Day Sabotage is right! And today being Christian's birthday, I'm making apple spice cupcakes. It's what we do every day that counts though, right?! I'm down 0.72%. Not too bad, I guess!
Wow, Maite- you rock. :)

Anonymous said...

Put me down for a big, fat (pun intended) 0% and 0%.

Anonymous said...

I didn't lose any, but also I didn't gain. This is a plus, seeing as how I ate out last night and lunch everyday last week.

0%

Sheena said...

Down 2%. I ate like a person maintaining their weight (something I'm not good at....the maintaining part). I need to get moving now!

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone :
I had been trying for weeks to get motivated, I'm so glad we're in this together it gets the competative juices going! (Hopefully those juices will count. ) Anyways Good Luck everybody! My percentage is 2.5.

Jessica said...

Down 2.17% I work at a catering company and we bake cookies all the time for the office. The chefs are always bringing food in, so this last week I just didn't eat of it. I guess it's working.

SaraZ said...

Since yesterday's post did not work, here we go again! :)
Good job girls! You guys are all doing so great! I'm down 1.3%, but I actually lost and gained some back because I was lower midweek. Grrr, Mother's day.