Sunday, May 18, 2008

Backslider

I was hoping that my "hi, let me introduce myself" post would be some perky-bubbly thing where I gushed about how this is changing my life, and how I drink so much that the local Water Conservation District had to come and see if we had a water-main leak, and how the pounds are just falling off my frame, and how this is going to be Flabulous-to-Fabulous, but instead.

I have a confession to make.

My name is Robyn, and I am a backslider.

(oh yeah, the whole "Kemma Parker" thing? Pseudonym. Secret Identity. Just like Clark Kent. All the superheros have them. But it's on all the blogger documents, and it's just too hard to change it all up for this one thing, so let's keep it our little secret)

While I *know* that I need the impetus of accountability in order to make this work, and I may have started off with an actual weight-LOSS, I also throw myself at your mercy because this whole last week has been one big mine field of temptation.

And I'm sure (cough*cough) that I'm the ONLY person in the Whole Entire World that has been tempted by food this week. Oh, certainly my children were filled with the best of intentions when they got me that giant box of Sees chocolates (the raspberry cremes and Scotch mallows!) for Mother's Day. I'm sure they wanted me to just be happy. Not *fat and happy*.

And why, suddenly, does Fast Food hold such mouth-watering temptation????? Like, in the middle of the day, I'll be out with my bottle of water (see? I sometimes *DO* drink water, too) and I'll be running errands, and I'll drive by a Jack in the Box, and say "wow, that looks like the Best Food Ever!!!!!" Say what????!!??!!! I've never been in one, and suddenly, it's ALL I can think about. Maybe I've gotta cut back on all the commercial TV that I watch.

And it's my own darned fault for hosting a gourmet fund-raiser banquet in my own home last night. I suppose there was no rule that said I *HAD* to serve foie de gras soaked tenderloin and cream-laden desserts. And even if I served them, did I *HAVE* to eat them? Or did I have to go back for SECONDS?

Ladies, I need accountability. I need y'all to give me the evil eye and say "Put *down* that second dessert." Or even "put down that FIRST dessert"!

My hat is off to those of you who started strong. You are an inspiration to me to pick myself up and start again.

Hey, for me it will just be SIX weeks to Fabulous!

Now where did I put that 6-pack of Propel?

3 comments:

Natalie J. said...

Pop quiz -
A large buttered popcorn at an AMC movie theatre is:

A. 1690 calories
B. 143 grams of fat
C. A BAD idea 48 hrs before weigh in
D. All of the above

Um yeah - let's just say I'm relating to you right now...

Tori (Craig) Johnson said...

0, zero, zero weight loss. Working out(to the point of dripping sweat..hauling wood chips for two hours, spreading wood chips, digging holes and planting trees, removing rocks...no sugar (very little) minimal bread....water, flavored water, iced tea...the scale is NOT moving. I did not measure this week....too frustrated!!! Please pray for me.

*Linda said...

Hi Kemma
Thanks for the visit to my blog. I found the Joshua framed verse at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I am glad someone shares a love of this verse with me!
Wow, your blog is really inspirational to jump start my (hopefully final and successful) attemp at losing some weight! Thanks for the nudge, I am glad you happened upon my blog!