Tuesday, July 1, 2008

And the WINNERS are...

1st place prize of $346.50 - Maite

2nd place prize of $189 - Lydia

3rd place prize of $94.50 - Robyn

Congratulations ladies - I am so proud of you!! Thank you for setting such a great example week after week. (I will email the winners to get your paypal email addresses or see if you'd rather have a check mailed.)


Well, we made it to the end of the contest and it has been a great source of accountability. Some of you had giant success in your journey, others made slow steady progress and some of us didn’t do nearly as well as we had hoped. I want to encourage those of you who struggled, to not lose heart. Being healthy is a lifelong journey. Hopefully you all felt like the $30 was worth it even if you weren't one of the winners. Think of it this way - our $30 bought us accountability, community, being a contributor to improving the health of several people, and saving us the money we would have normally spent eating the former "quantity" of food or "convenience/junk" food. I know I saved much more than $3.75/week [the contest fee divided by 8 weeks] on the foods I resisted!

A few people have asked about starting another contest. I am up for it, maybe starting the end of July. That would give me a good little administrative break and give us time to invite more people and get them set up. Also - I would change the weigh-in day to a day OTHER than Monday *good job Natalie - let’s weigh in right after the weekend…oops*. Maybe have weigh-in day be a Thursday instead. I’ll send out an invitation email in a couple of weeks and you can let me know if you are interested.


Have a wonderful day and thank you for being a part of this contest!


1 comment:

3boysmama said...

hi I just found your blog through a friend of a friend. I am interested in participating... you can email me at crystal_coldiron *at* hotmail.com