Leave your info in the comments...
| NAME | WEEKLY % LOST | TOTAL % LOST |
|---|---|---|
| Carrie | % | % |
| Claire | % | % |
| Esa | -0.96% | -0.21% |
| Jen | -1.06% | -1.76% |
| Jenny | -3.07% | -4.25% |
| Jessica | -0.84% | -4.35% |
| Joy | +1.64% | -1.47% |
| Julie | % | % |
| Kelly | -1.09% | -0.70% |
| Kirsten | -0.80% | -1.40% |
| Lydia | -0.86% | -5.76% |
| Maite | -1.90% | -7.19% |
| Melodie | 0.00% | +1.57% |
| Natalie | -1.64% | -2.58% |
| Nita | 0.00% | 0.00% |
| Rebecca | -0.61% | -0.85% |
| Robyn | -1.10% | -2.64% |
| Sara Z. | -0.82% | -2.94% |
| Sarah A. | 0.00% | -0.80% |
| Shanna | -0.82% | -1.09% |
| Sheena | +0.20% | -2.29% |
| Tori | -1.18% | -1.18% |
Formula for calculating weight loss percentage:
Initial weight minus current weight, divided by initial weight multiplied by 100 equals percentage.
((IW-CW)/IW) * 100= weight loss percentage
example:
Initial start weight: 175 pounds
Week 1 weigh in weight:170 pounds
Current (week 2 weigh in) weight: 168
Weekly percentage lost:
170 - 168= 2
2 / 170= 0.011764
0.0117647 x 100= 1.1764%
round up to 1.18
-1.18% weekly percentage lost
Total percentage lost:
175 - 168= 7
7 / 175 = 0.04
4 x 100= 4%
-4% total percentage lost
23 comments:
Hey, Friends!
Sorry Natalie, no cookies this week, but I did take a little taste of the kids' cookie dough ice cream. I couldn't help myself, but at least it was only like a tablespoon size sample.
Ladies, something we can all do to further our weight loss progress is to try and cut out caffeine and drink 8 glasses of water, daily. I've read that caffeine contributes to increased appetite - not good!
Weekly %: -1.90%
Total %: -7.19%
I'm back to the world of dieting!!! Sorry I didn't post last week. I was out of town until Tuesday night, then worked all day on Wed. By Thursday I figured it was too late to post for the previous week. But here I am!! I leave for my mother's tomorrow, and am nervous about weight gain. I have given her some recipes and food ideas, so hopefully we can stick to a little healthier time together!!
My totals for the week are:
Weekly: -0.82%
Total: -1.09% (Yeah...I have a number to the left of the decimal)!!
One more thing!! I was just reading maite's post....CONGRATULATIONS! -7.19% that is awesome! Keep up the great work!
Well, I didn't lose this week, but I didn't gain either. How sad that not gaining is the good news for me. This week will be better. My "monthly friend" has moved on, so I am back on track.
Weekly%- 0.00
Total%- 0.80
gained .2 pounds
weekly= -.02%
Total = 2.29%
I'm in Maryland visiting family. I have made good food choices, but I'm using someone else's scale...my mom tells me it's two pounds heavy...so hopefully next week my numbers will be better.
Hello!
Well I was gone all weekend at a retreat, where things like cheesy au gratin potatoes, ham and chicken cordon bleu were served. Good food, but very heavy midwest-ish fare. BUT! I made good choices, AND I hiked for 3 miles up and back from a big hill to a waterfall(heart rate hit 153!!) and I played Basketball with 5 guys over 6ft tall (I'm 5'4") for 2 HOURS and apparently held my own, then I walked 3 miles on the beach in the sand on Sunday afternoon. Yea!! so all that to say:
Weekly Loss: -1.05%
Total Loss: -4.25%!
Hey ladies! I think I have finally figured out this blog thing. I think I have created a couple of new blogs just trying to get going. I did post last week, but I think it is lost somewhere in cyberspace!! Sadly, to date, my weight loss is not significant.
weekly -1.18%
Total -1.18%
But, at least the scale did budge this week. I have not measured, but plan to this morning.
No,Natalie, no before photos (although I am about the same) I guess I could....so disturbing to look at photos of myself. I don't see the same round person in the mirror that I see in the photos! :(
I have to say, that if nothing else, my heart is healthy! I have been getting SO much exercise. I walked twice last week (usually I walk three times a week.)One of my walks/jogs was just under 4 miles! I did some back-breaking, sweat-dripping yard work of hauling wood chips, digging holes, moving rocks and building garden beds for four hours one day. So, I think I've got the "move it or lose it" part working in my direction. I have been eating under the Weight Watcher program. I have the books to calculate the points. I have been staying on, under or very close to the daily points. Last year I had something like this happen...no weight loss for a couple of weeks, then boom, 5 pounds in a week. I lost 15 lbs on the WW program. O.K. no more whining. I WILL drop mega poundage THIS week. Go for it girls. Great job Maitee!!!
Grab a carrot or celery or apple instead of that cookie or chocolate kiss....or just drink more water......do what it takes....four more weeks!!
Wowza, congratulations again, Maite! You really inspire us all.
Here's my stats. Finally a bit more movement.
Weekly%: -1.10
Total%: -2.64
Well Maite... You know I love you more than Natalie... RIGHT? :)
You SURE you don't want a nice big Starbucks? HUH?
Okay so after having not one but TWO end of the year parties Saturday and Sunday... I actually was down. *wipes brow*
I will contribute that to water, water, water. Must drink lots of water.
Totals:
Weekly: -1.06%
Total: -1.76
*looks at my last comment*
It should say I love you more than Natalie does... not more than Natalie!
Love you girl! :)
Ok, I'm a total dork. I created this fancy self calculating excel spread sheet for this thing, and I got so excited, I made an entry mid week that goofed up my weekly percentage calculation...SO, I actually lost 3.07% this week!! My actual total loss is still 4.25! great Scott! (10.5 lbs total lost sofar overall thankyouveddymuch! IF you do the math you will see how far I still have to go!!)
Maite -> you're killing me here!(But great job!)
Jen - I HOPE you love me! I almost shed a tear there!!
Jenny - ACK - darn you!!! I totally thought I was going to get ahead of you this week! Good job (my inspirational friend) I will catch you yet my pretty - and your little dog too! [And feed your kid some cake or something, would ya?!]
ok if I'm doing my math right I think my numbers are a LOSS(!!!) finally 1.09 weekly, .703 overall. I posted a before pic of myself in my profile, but I don't know if it is still there or not, I have had a lot of technical difficulties on this blog. You may have one of me from last summer,Nat. Overall since I have started this weight loss journey,AGAIN , in Jan. I have lost 23 lbs, only a couple of those in this competion. I am very proud of all of us still chugging along in this together, and a big way to go to Maite! KellyH
Kelly, I'm SO, SO proud of you! You past the 20 pound mark - that's awesome! That is a MAJOR accomplishment!!!!
Hey Maite - If you win this competition, you have to agree to use your winnings to buy a plane ticket to Seattle to visit us!! *wink*
weekly -.82%
total -2.94%
I should probably start working out...:/
this week: -0.61%
total: -0.85%
trudging along...step by minuscule step!!!
Jenny- hiking, basketball and walking on the beach... sounds a heckofalot more fun than my workouts!!! My five-year-old and I did a pilates video together today, though. :)
-Rebecca
Holding steady this week. Maybe if I actually got out of bed and did my running this week it might go down.
Weekly 0.0
total +1.57
Weekly: -.84%
Total: -4.35%
This week I did awful not to mention a women's retreat I was on where I lacked a huge amount of self control with all the treats out all day/night.....
I am hoping part of this gain is due to my monthly friend being around the corner!
This is such a battle for me.....ugh!
Weekly % +1.64%
Total % - 1.47%
Its Joy - dxhilli....for some reason it posted my comment as being from "anonymous.' Sorry!
Hello Everybody:
SORRY I'm so late posting my totals, but here they are
weekly: 0.86%
total : 5.76%
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYBODY!
Weight loss for the week .8%. For the contest 1.4%
Post a Comment